Sunday 4 August 2019

Warhammer 40K: Old School Ratlings





Just over a year ago I purchased 8 second-hand Ratlings from eBay.  The miniatures were in the different stages of being painted and needed some care and work to make them ready for the tabletop.  With some time on my hands, I set out to re-paint these Ratlings; bringing life back to these ‘old school’ Imperial Guard miniatures.

 The Ratlings at the start of this painting project



I choose two different environmental camouflage patterns four these miniatures.  I painted four of the Ratlings with a woodlands/jungle camouflage pattern, which consisted of a four-colour woodlands pattern and the ‘tiger-stripes’ jungle pattern (I used the same camo patterns for the Catachan Jungle Fighters; please see Catachan post for more details).  The remaining four Ratlings were painted in a tri-colour desert camouflage pattern; this is the same pattern I used for the Armageddon Steel Legion squad I posted earlier (please see Steel Legion part 2).


Woodlands/Jungle Camo Pattern


Desert Camo Pattern










 



‘Old Guard: An Astra Militarum/Imperial Guard Fan Site’ is a website dedicated to Games Workshop’s Warhammer 40K miniatures, with a focus on the classic range of Imperial Guard models from the 1990s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dungeon & Dragon Miniatures: Board Game Miniatures Part 3

    Board Game Miniatures   My previous posts featured board game miniatures I painted for my D&D games.   Since my last post, ...