Tuesday 14 May 2019

White Box: Eastern Adventure NPC Adventurers Sketches


I recently designed a random hireling generator for the White Box: Eastern Adventures game system. My next ‘Eastern Adventures’ project is to design a random Non-Player Character Adventurer Generator, which will allow Referees to quickly generate sheets of NPC adventurers for their games (after all, running into other adventuring parties is a common theme in dungeon exploration).



For this project, I decided to start drawing the NPC adventurers before starting the process of coding.  Thus, I came up with the following five sketches, which will appear on the NPC Adventurer launch page. 

 Sohei Warrior-Monk


Bushi (warrior)


Koropukuru Bushi


Ninja


 Heavily Armoured Bushi


Several of these sketches will likely appear in ‘The Keep on the Savage Frontier’, an upcoming ‘Eastern Adventures’ module I am working on.




‘White Box: Eastern Adventures’ is a ‘rules-light’ OSR system available for free (PDF version) on DriveThru RPG.

4 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to your final product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words! The NPC Adventurer Generator should be up and running in a week or two. 'The Keep on the Savage Frontier' module will take longer to complete (I am hoping have this published by the end of the summer). I am planning to have the module available as a free PDF on DriveThru RPG.

    Have you run a game session with 'White Box: Eastern Adventures'? I would like to hear your thoughts of this system.

    Thanks again, Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t had a chance to play yet. I made some reference sheets and have been world building. Also, I have made some pregens. My world is called the Lands of Sundu and the Infinite Floating Isles. It’s a an island mainland surrounded by magically broken pieces of the world that float in the sky and orbit around the mainland. With the magical shattering of the world has come many yokai and other evils- including the massive Dark Titans (dark souls-ish). The titans are nothing to be challenged- more avoided.
    There is a lot more, but I have to get my group to finish our Old West campaign before we move on to something new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Thos,

    Your campaign sounds interesting! I am pleased that you are using my humble book for your upcoming 'Lands of Sundu and the Infinite Floating Isles' setting. Have you had a chance to try the Random Hireling Generator, on the 'White Box Eastern Adventures' site? This may be a helpful tool for generating hirelings. As well, the generator has options for randomly generates Japanese names (given and family names) and personality traits; these may be useful for your campaign.

    Thanks again for your kind words and interest! I would like to wish you the best with your upcoming campaign.

    Sincerely,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete

Dungeon & Dragon Miniatures: Board Game Miniatures Part 3

    Board Game Miniatures   My previous posts featured board game miniatures I painted for my D&D games.   Since my last post, ...