Sunday 12 May 2019

Dungeon Crawl Classics Character Generators Part 1


Goodman Games’ Dungeon Crawl Classics (DCC) is a modern role-playing game designed to capture the feel of the early years of the ‘World Most Famous Role-Playing Game’.  There are seven character classes in Dungeon Crawl Classics, which are redesigns of the classes found in the Basic/Expert edition of the ‘World Most Famous Role-Playing Game’.  The classes are: the Cleric, the Warrior, the Wizard, the Thief, the Elf, the Dwarf and the Halfling.



 The Thief

Between 2016 to 2017, I designed random character generators for the seven DCC character classes.  With the recent creation of the Fantastic Adventures and the Disgruntled Gong Farmer Companion Site, I was inspired to re-visit the DCC character generators by creating new updated versions of the generators for the companion website.  While my original DCC Fan Site uses painted miniatures for the site’s artwork, the companion website uses pencil sketches.  Thus, I decided to use pencil sketches for the artwork for the new character generators.


The Wizard 


The Cleric

In designing the character generators, I decided to first start out by drawing the character classes.  So far, I have drawn sketches for the ‘human’ DCC classes: the Cleric, the Warrior, the Wizard and the Thief.  It is important for me to have inclusion and diversity in my artwork; therefore, two of the four sketches feature woman (the Cleric and the Thief), and two of the four sketched feature visible minorities (the Cleric and the Wizard).  In fact, diversity and inclusion was the topic of episode 63 (Welcoming All Players) of the DCC Spellburn podcast, which discussed the importance of representation in the artwork and stories of role-playing games.



The Warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dungeon & Dragon Miniatures: Board Game Miniatures Part 3

    Board Game Miniatures   My previous posts featured board game miniatures I painted for my D&D games.   Since my last post, ...