The Plastic Soldier Company (PSC) produces a 1/72 scale (20mm) set of Russian Infantry in summer uniforms. This set includes three hard plastic sprues of 19 miniatures (57 miniatures in total) with each sprue containing:
- 7x soldiers with Mosin-Nagant bolt action rifles
- 5x soldiers with PPSH-41 submachine guns (one soldier is throwing a grenade while holding the gun in his left hand)
- 1x DP-27 (Degtyaryov) light machine gun team (2 soldier team)
- 1x soldier carrying a DP-27 machine gun over his shoulder
- 1x kneeling NCO pointing and holding a pistol
- 1x Commissar (Political Officer)
- 1x female soldier with a bag (nurse/medic?)
- 1x soldier holding a bag with a holstered pistol (messenger?).
Russian Infantry in Summer Uniforms sprue (side 1)
Russian Infantry in Summer Uniforms sprue (side 2)
I finished painting a sprue of Russian Infantry, which includes the figures listed above. With the exception of the DP-27 light machine gun team, I based these miniatures on round 20mm bases (the DP-27 team is based on an oval 25 x 50 mm base).
Russian Infantry in Summer Uniforms (1) front
Russian Infantry in Summer Uniforms (1) back
Russian Infantry in Summer Uniforms (2) front
Russian Infantry in Summer Uniforms (2) back
Russian Infantry in Summer Uniforms (3) front
Russian Infantry in Summer Uniforms (3) back
I also finished painting a set of resin stone walls, produced by World War Gaming. While the stone walls are designed for the 1/52 scale (28mm), I find they work well for the 1/72 scale, and will use this for my future 1/72 scale dioramas.
World at War Gaming Resin Stone Walls (1)
World at War Gaming Resin Stone Walls (2)