Saturday 25 April 2020

Warhammer 40K: Nurgle Chaos Cultists



The weak-willed and the desperate are the first to be seduced by the corrupting influences of Chaos. Nurgle Chaos Cultists are foul and sinister heretics, who have pledged their souls to Old Grandfather Nurgle, the God of disease, decay, death and destruction. Like other Chaos Cultists, Nurgle Cultists form the bulk of the Chaos horde, serving as expendable rank-and-file troops.



Nurgle Chaos Cultists (front)


Nurgle Chaos Cultists (back)

 

I did some ‘kit bashing’ and conversion work to create five Nurgle Chaos Cultists.  The primary model kit I used is the Frostgrave Cultists set; I used this kit for the bodies and three of the five heads.  For the weapons and gear, I used components from Wargames Atlantic’s Raumjager Infantry and GW’s Cadian Shock Troops sets.  One of the heads came from GW’s Flagellant set and I used Mantic Games Orc ‘orclings’ for proxies for the nurglings on the bases of two of the figures.  Plus, I added a metal Adeptus Arbites’ boltgun to one of the cultists.  The head and enlarged arm on the heavily mutated cultist are from a Reaper Bones miniature (77159 Ghast). 

















For more images of these miniatures, please visit the Nurgle Chaos Cultists section of the Old Guard; a website dedicated to Games Workshop’s Warhammer 40K miniatures, with a focus on the classic range of Imperial Guard models from the 1990s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dungeon & Dragon Miniatures: Board Game Miniatures Part 3

    Board Game Miniatures   My previous posts featured board game miniatures I painted for my D&D games.   Since my last post, ...