Sunday 27 January 2019

White Box Eastern Adventures: Sketches Part 3


I am in the process of writing an Old School Revival RPG inspired by Charlie Mason’s White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game.  The working title for my game is ‘White Box: Eastern Adventures’, which will be set in a generic medieval Japanese fantasy setting.  When complete, I will make this game available as a free PDF on Drive Thru RPG, with printed copies sold at cost.

I have started the process of sketching art for this book in late December. Part 1 and Part 2 of this series previews my earlier drawings.  My most recent drawings are included in this post.



The above drawing is of a soldier-type hireling, wearing ashigaru style armour. The drawing below depicts two hirelings, equipped with large backpacks necessary for hauling dungeon loot and treasure.   Both drawings will be used in ‘Chapter 6: Hirelings’. 







Above is my second ninja illustration; I am planning to use this drawing for the Ninja Character Class Section (Chapter 2: Character Classes).



Both the drawing above and the one below depicts Shugenja (magic-users).  The drawing above includes a Koropokuru, showing the height difference between Korpokuru and humans.  These illustrations will either appear in the Shugenja Character Class Section (Chapter 2) or the Shugenja Spells Chapter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dungeon & Dragon Miniatures: Board Game Miniatures Part 3

    Board Game Miniatures   My previous posts featured board game miniatures I painted for my D&D games.   Since my last post, ...