Wednesday 2 January 2019

Battle of the Bulge: Bolt Action 28mm US Airborne Squad (Winter)


In a December post, I posted photos of a Warlord Games’ 10-man US Airborne Squad (Winter) set I painted.  Since that post, I created a snow-covered landscape; involving gluing modelling sand/rocks to a sheet of plastic card, followed by priming, painting and dry-brushing the modelling sand/rocks.  I also selected a background photo more reminiscent of the Ardennes Forest during the Battle of the Bulge.

As I mentioned in my previous post, my inspiration for painting these miniatures comes from the Band of Brothers miniseries; particularly, Episode 6 (Bastogne) and Episode 7 (The Breaking Point), which focused on Easy Company’s actions during the Battle of the Bulge.  I am planning to use these miniatures for the WWII Operation Whitebox fan site that I am working on.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Dungeon & Dragon Miniatures: Board Game Miniatures Part 2

    Board Game Miniatures     My previous post featured board game miniatures I painted for my Dungeon and Dragon games.   Since pu...