Tuesday 8 January 2019

White Box Eastern Adventures: Sketches Part 1


Through the process of building the White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventures Game character generators, the inspiration came to me to create my own iteration of the Swords and Sorcery’s White Box game.  Like Mr. Charlie Mason, the creator White Box: Fantastic Medieval Adventures Game, I plan on making my version of the White Box rule set available as a free pdf on Drive Thru RPG and the printed version sold at cost.  The working title for my iteration is ‘White Box: Eastern Adventures’ (the title may change), and the focus will be on medieval Japanese fantasy. I am planning to do my own art work and have started drawing illustrations for the book.

The four character classes for the book are the bushi, the ninja, the sohei and the shugenja; these classes parallels the fighter, thief, cleric and magic-user classes in the White Box rule set.

 Bushi

 Ninja

 Sohei

 Shugenja 




Instead of having statistics for the various types of armour, I have organizations the armour in 3 categories: light, medium and heavy.

 Light Armour

Medium Armour

Heavy Armour



As with the armour, the melee weapons are grouped in 3 categories: simple weapons, martial weapons and large martial weapons.  The ryo, shu and mon coin system parallels the gold, silver and copper coin system.





Here are a couple of sketches of some of the monsters that will appear in the Monster’s section of the book.
 

Bakemono (lesser)

Bakemono (greater)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dungeon & Dragon Miniatures: Board Game Miniatures Part 2

    Board Game Miniatures     My previous post featured board game miniatures I painted for my Dungeon and Dragon games.   Since pu...