Saturday 29 December 2018

Warlord Games' Bolt Action US Airborne Squad (Winter)


I recently purchased and painted a Warlord Games’ Bolt Action 10-man squad set: the US Airborne Squad (Winter).  This set contains 10 unique metal miniatures, and includes the following models:

  • 1 NCO with a Thompson Submachine Gun
  • 4 paratroopers with Thompson Submachine Guns
  • 1 paratrooper with a Browning Automatic Rifle
  • 4 paratroopers with M1 Garand Rifles




 
My inspiration for painting these miniatures comes from the Band of Brothers miniseries; in particular Episodes 6 (Bastogne) and 7 (The Breaking Point), which features Easy Company’s experiences at the Battle of the Bulge (Dec 1944 to Jan 1945).  One of the most distinguishing features of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment (the regiment that Easy Company belongs to) is the ‘spade’ painted on the sides of the M1 helmets.  Thus, I painted spades on the sides of the helmets to represent paratroopers from the 506th PIR.

I am planning to use these miniatures for the WWII Operation Whitebox fan site that I am working on.  In future posts, I will be painting other Bolt Action squads for the Operation Whitebox site.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Dungeon & Dragon Miniatures: Board Game Miniatures Part 3

    Board Game Miniatures   My previous posts featured board game miniatures I painted for my D&D games.   Since my last post, ...