Wednesday 5 December 2018

White Box RPG Character Sketches part 2


In my previous post, I started the process of designing a character sheet for the ‘WhiteBox: Fantastic Medieval Adventures’ character generators that I am working on.  In this post, I will be continuing the process of designing the character sheet with ‘Old School’ style pencil sketches.  My inspiration for creating the character sheet in this style comes from the White Box character sheets created by James V. West (featured in the White Box rulebook and blog).

Below is my sketch for the ability score and ability modifier boxes.  The boxes take the form of dungeon tiles.





I created the above sketch as an area to record the character’s equipment, weapons, etc.  I choose to draw a hammer and coin pouch to reflect the types of adventuring gear characters would carry with them (the use of tools and 10-foot poles are important aspects of Old School gaming).



The sketch of the battle standard was my original sketch for the area for the weapons/armour and equipment.  When designing this sketch, I envisioned the weapons/armour to be placed on the right side of the banner and the equipment on the left.  Ultimately, I decided to use another sketch for the weapons/armour and equipment area.

I designed the below sketch for the spells/abilities box.  I drew a hatchet, a large sack and a miner’s pike in this sketch to reflect some of the items a party of adventures would carry with them.

 


I drew this sketch to represent the area for the weapons/armour and equipment.  I am planning to use the section on the right side of the sword for the weapons/armour and the left side of the sword for the equipment.





This sketch of the battle standard was my last sketch for the character sheet.  At this point in the design process, I had a good idea for the layout for the character sheet.  Later, when I was putting the character sheet together, I added some more features to the battle standard.




Now that the sketches are complete, here is what the White Box character sheet will look like.  My next step will be to add some text with Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dungeon & Dragon Miniatures: Board Game Miniatures Part 2

    Board Game Miniatures     My previous post featured board game miniatures I painted for my Dungeon and Dragon games.   Since pu...