Friday 20 December 2019

Fantastic Adventures and the Disgruntled Gong Farmer: Second Printing


One of my motivations for making the transition from traditional pencil and paper illustrations to digital illustrations was to create new covers for my published works.  In the previous post, I showcased a new cover I designed for White Box: Eastern Adventures; an OSR rules-light role-playing game.  After completing the new cover for ‘White Box: Eastern Adventures’, I started work on a new cover for Fantastic Adventures and the Disgruntled Gong Farmer; a third-party Dungeon Crawl Classics compatible adventure module.



Front Cover


Back Cover






The above illustration depicted the party of newly forged first-level adventures enjoying drinks at the ‘Happy Halfling Tavern’.  Ruen, the sensitive and kind-hearted barmaid, is serving the party their drinks.  The dwarf has a worried look as he is eyeing his coin pouch; after all, it is his turn to pick up the tab.  In the background, peering through an open window, is Oscar, the mysterious creature that lives in the tavern’s outhouse. 





The Fantastic Adventures and the Disgruntled Gong Farmer logo.  I wanted to create a unique logo for this adventure module.  In my recent redesign of the Dungeon Crawl Classics Fan Page, I created a logo for the website inspired by British medieval heraldry shield designs.  Drawing inspiration again from medieval heraldry, the Fantastic Adventures and the Disgruntled Gong Farmer logo was born.  In the centre of the shield and on the hilts of the swords are maple leaves, representing my Canadian heritage.




Full Book Cover



‘Fantastic Adventures and the Disgruntled Gong Farmer’ is available as a Free PDF on DriveThruRPG.  There is a print-on-demand softcover version available for $6 USD, for those wanting a physical copy of the book.





Tasaka Games is my humble one-person tabletop role-playing game company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dungeon & Dragon Miniatures: Board Game Miniatures Part 3

    Board Game Miniatures   My previous posts featured board game miniatures I painted for my D&D games.   Since my last post, ...