Friday 8 November 2019

Warhammer 40,000: Adeptus Arbites



The Adeptus Arbites are the police force for the Imperial of Man, responsible for enforcing Imperial Law on Imperial held worlds. Outfitted with suits Carapace Armour, the Adeptus Arbites are granted the right to serve as jury, judge and executioner for any Imperial caught breaking the law.



Adeptus Arbites (front)


Adeptus Arbites (back) 


Adeptus Arbites (front)


Adeptus Arbites (back) 



I first started painting Warhammer 40,000 miniatures in the early 2000s, during the 3rd edition of the game; at this time, the metal Adeptus Arbites miniatures were no longer part of the mainstream Warhammer 40,000 range (they may have been a special order item at this time).  Thus, I did not know GW produced Adeptus Arbites miniatures until two or three years ago.  In my search for ‘old school’ Imperial Guard miniatures, I came across these Adeptus Arbites miniatures in the summer, and have recently painted them.










The look of these miniatures is reminiscent of Judge Dredd (since I have never read the comics, my familiarity with the franchise is limited to the movies: 1995 and 2012 films).  While I like the Judge Dredd look, I wanted these miniatures to have a distinct look from Judge Dredd; yet, I still wanted the colour patterns of these miniatures to capture the look of law enforcement offices.  Thus, I decided to use blues as the primary colour for these miniatures.   









\

For more images of these miniatures, please visit the Adeptus Arbites section of the Old Guard; a website dedicated to Games Workshop’s Warhammer 40K miniatures, with a focus on the classic range of Imperial Guard models from the 1990s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dungeon & Dragon Miniatures: Board Game Miniatures Part 3

    Board Game Miniatures   My previous posts featured board game miniatures I painted for my D&D games.   Since my last post, ...