Monday 25 November 2019

Red Box Eastern Adventures: Digital Illustrations




A year ago, I took up the hobby of sketching (I had dabbled in sketching a couple of years before, but nothing serious).  The process of sketching sparked my interest in creating ‘White Box: Eastern Adventures’, a rules light OSR role-playing game (available as a free PDF on DriveThruRPG).  Recently, I started digital sketching, using a graphics tablet and a digital pen.  My motivation for taking up this hobby was to create colour illustrations for ‘Red Box: Eastern Adventures’ and for the companion website for this game.




A Bushi battling a Greater Bakemono.  The Bushi is equivalent to the Fighter character class, whereas the Greater Bakemono is akin to the Hobgoblin.





A Koropokuru Sohei (warrior monk; akin to the Cleric class).  Diversity and representation are important to our hobby; thus, I painted the warrior monk with a darker skin tone, representing a character from an African or Middle Eastern heritage.




 A low level Shugenja (magic user) casting Frost Bolt (a first level spell).






A prototype of the front cover.  I am planning to release ‘Red Box: Eastern Adventures’ as a free PDF on DriveThruRPG, with the option of an affordable priced print on demand version of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dungeon & Dragon Miniatures: Board Game Miniatures Part 3

    Board Game Miniatures   My previous posts featured board game miniatures I painted for my D&D games.   Since my last post, ...