Sunday 21 June 2020

Dungeon Crawl Classics Lankhmar Art & Graphics



At the time I am publishing this post, I am in the process of designing a Dungeon Crawl Classics Lankhmar fan site, titled ‘Sorcery & Mighty Deeds: A DCC Lankhmar Fan Site.’  Using Photoshop and a drawing tablet, I have created illustrations and graphics for the website, which aspires to capture the feel of DCC Lankhmar and the Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser adventures this setting is based on.


 

The Adventuring Duo

 


Website’s Logo/Heraldry


Heraldic Design.  As with my previous role-playing game fan sites, I have created a logo/heraldic design for this website.  Inspired by European medieval heraldry, I choose a shield as the bases for this design.  I used a Viking style round shield for the heraldic design with a pair of crossed longswords behind the shield.  On the shield and on the pommels of each sword are maple leaves, which represents my Canadian heritage.

 


Alternative Colour Patterns for the Heraldic Design


Alternative Heraldic Design Colour Patterns.  Through the design process, I experimented with different colour patterns for the website and the site’s heraldic design (logo).  The illustration above shows two alternative colour patterns (purple and red) I created for the site’s heraldic design.

 


Female Adventurer


Female Adventure.  As a person of colour, diversity and representation are important for me in my artwork.  Thus, I drew the above illustration of the female adventurer as a person of colour.  Equally important to me, is to have positive female representation in my artwork.

 


Warrior battling Thieves’ Guild Member

 


Background Illustration: the background illustration that will appear throughout the pages on the site.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dungeon & Dragon Miniatures: Board Game Miniatures Part 3

    Board Game Miniatures   My previous posts featured board game miniatures I painted for my D&D games.   Since my last post, ...