Saturday 15 February 2020

Chaos Cultists ‘Kit Bashing’: Part 2



The bulk of the Chaos hordes are made up of heretical and weak-willed humans, seduced by the corrupting influences of Chaos. These heretics are known as Chaos Cultists and serve as expendable troopers in the armies of the Dark Gods. While the average cultist lacks the skill, training and expertise of the rank-and-file Imperial Guardsman, Chaos Cultists make up for this by their vast numbers, fanaticism and brutality.


Chaos Cultists (front)


Chaos Cultists (back) 




I built five more Chaos Cultists using components from the Frostgrave Cultist sprue and various Game Workshop sprues.  While I used three distinct colours (khaki, dark red and dark green) for the robes worn by the previous group of cultists (please see part 1 for more details), I painted this group of cultists with khaki coloured robes.  The cultist armed with the chainsword stood out as the squad leader; thus, I wanted to apply colours that would make this figure standout. Finding inspiration from the ancient Celtic warriors, I applied blue warpaint to the cultist’s face; as well, I painted the shoulder armour and sergeant’s rank insignia blue, creating a sharp contrast against the khaki robes.























For more images of these miniatures, please visit the Chaos Cultists section of the Old Guard; a website dedicated to Games Workshop’s Warhammer 40K miniatures, with a focus on the classic range of Imperial Guard models from the 1990s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dungeon & Dragon Miniatures: Board Game Miniatures Part 3

    Board Game Miniatures   My previous posts featured board game miniatures I painted for my D&D games.   Since my last post, ...